The colors of ruby stated in GGT’s premium report are as follows:
- Pink-Red / Pinkish Red
- Purple-Red / Purplish Red
- Orange-Red / Orangy Red
- Red / Intense Red
- Vivid Red
- Vivid Red – GGT color type “Pigeon’s Blood”
GGT color type “Pigeon’s Blood”
“Pigeon’s blood red” is a vivid red color (high saturation), with medium to medium-deep tone. A minute purplish tint is acceptable. Rubies exhibit medium to strong fluorescence when exposed to UV light.
The GGT color type “Pigeon’s Blood” can only be applied to rubies that are:
- Natural Ruby (Not Synthetic)
- Unheated or Heat-treated
- No beryllium-treated, No lead glass treated, No surface diffusion treated
- Good transparency, Good proportions (no dominant “window”)
**When rubies appear as vivid red color with too deep in tone, the color “Vivid Red” only (No pigeon’s blood type) will be applied in GGT’s premium report. These rubies have a shade darker than those of the pigeon’s blood type and exhibit weak or no fluorescence.